Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I was convicted of a felony in August of 2008 for cultivation

Customer Question

I was convicted of a felony in August of 2008 for cultivation of marijuana in Ohio.. I was sentenced to 30 days of which I had to serve 15, a $5000 fine, and 3 years community control(of which I had to do 18 months before being released).. How long until I can possibly have it expunged or have my records sealed?? I have not been in any trouble whatsoever since, but am having a terrible time finding a job even with a bachelor's degree.. Thanks for any help
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.
Hi

If this was a felony, you may Petition the Court after 3 years of your successful completion of your sentence. That includes any probation you may have been on, counseling and any and all fines being paid

So, if 3 years has passed since you were released from the Community supervision, then you can Petition.

If the conviction was a misdemeanor, than the time frame for application is 1 year.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck