RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

are brass knuckles legal in the state of ga

Customer Question

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. After reading my answer, please do not hesitate to reply if you have additional questions or need more information.

They are legal to have and carry, as long as you do not carry them concealed. Here is the Georgia statute:

16-11-126.

(a) A person commits the offense of carrying a concealed weapon when such person knowingly has or carries about his or her person, unless in an open manner and fully exposed to view, any bludgeon, metal knuckles, firearm, knife designed for the purpose of offense and defense, or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument of like character outside of his or her home or place of business, except as permitted under this Code section.

(b) Upon conviction of the offense of carrying a concealed weapon, a person shall be punished as follows:

(1) For the first offense, he or she shall be guilty of a misdemeanor; and

(2) For the second offense, and for any subsequent offense, he or she shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be imprisoned for not less than two years and not more than five years.

*****************************************************************************************************

JUST ANSWER IS A "PAY FOR" SERVICE. As I do this for a living, not a hobby, please honor and respect the honor code and pay me as you would any other professional.

DISCLAIMER: This response is limited by the information that you have provided to this lawyer. Based on the information you have provided, I have responded based on my knowledge and interpretation of existing laws. It is possible that if the same question was asked to another lawyer, the response could be different. This response is for "Legal Informational" purposes only and should not be confused with "Legal Advice" and nothing in this response should be construed as legal advice for any individual case. Under no circumstances does this response directly or indirectly, establish or intend to establish an Attorney-Client relationship. This response is not and shall not be construed as a solicitation for the legal services of any attorney. If you have already retained a lawyer in connection with this inquiry and this fact is unknown to this lawyer, this response should not be construed as impending and/or interfering with your attorney-client relationship with such attorney. This attorney is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this response, whether from errors or omissions in the content of the response or any other sites that I may provide to you for reference.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i do thank you for your help but the answer you gave i already read about

I can only answer the question asked -you specifically asked if they were legal. Nothing else.

I confirmed they were, and provided the statute. If you need additional information, please let me know, otherwise, please honor the honor code, and press ACCEPT so that I am paid for my time.

Much like when you have a cold and go to the doctor and he confirms you have a cold, and you still have to pay him, we expect to be compensated for our time.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am sorry if i wanted to conceal them would i need a permit to do that
I appreciate the reply.

Unfortunately, the law does not allow you to carry knuckles (regardless of what they are made of) in a concealed manner. The only weapon you can carry concealed, once licensed to do so, would be a firearm.