AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
18048122

I am involved in a western union case. How can I have them

I am involved in a western union case. How can I have them take back the charges to drop everything.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 5 years ago.
Hello! I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

Can you elaborate a bit on your question?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok so there was western union tranactions done without collecting funds. How can I have the party drop the charges. I'm willing to pay the amount to clear this up
I'm not sure what you mean by " there was western union tranactions done without collecting funds."

Do you mean that you've been accused of some sort of fraud?
Have you been charged with a crime and you're now wondering how to make criminal charges go away?
Or were you wondering about service fees?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I am accusers of fraud, how can I have the charges go away
Thanks for clarifying!

Unfortunately, there's no way you can simply make the charges go away.
That just isn't possible.
People commonly believe that a victim can drop criminal charges. However, that's not really how the criminal system works.
Instead, the prosecutor has the final say as to such matters, though the victim's preferences might be considered.
Even repaying funds that were fraudulently acquired doesn't defeat a charge. This is because the accused's actions and intent at the time of the alleged crime is the consideration, rather than the accused's willingness and desire to make things right later.

That said, you may have defenses available to you. The exact defenses depend on the exact crime you've been charged with (if you can provide the statute you've been charged under, I can provide more details about the charge) and the details of the situation.
However, in general, if your attorney can show that you didn't do it or that the intent wasn't there, that could provide a defense.

I know that this may not be entirely what you wanted to hear. However, it's the honest truth and I know you want a truthful answer above all. I hope that you will click accept so that I am paid for my time and effort spent providing this information.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What if the other party takes the charge back?
Unfortunately, that's really not how criminal charges work (though many people misunderstand and believe that to be so).
A party can't just take a charge back.
Once a criminal matter makes it to the prosecutor, the prosecutor retains discretion as to whether or not to pursue it.
A victim can ask the prosecutor to drop a case. However, a prosecutor can pursue a criminal matter even when the victim doesn't wish for the prosecutor to do so.