xavierjd
xavierjd, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience in prosecution and defense work
14261217

my kids father got into trouble with drugs and was sent to

my kids father got into trouble with drugs and was sent to the winsboro unit he then found out he has cancer in the neck and spread down to the right arm and lung, they transferred him to galveston hosp where they r giving him radiation and kemo but its just killing him is there any way he can be released early nov 18 2011 is when his time is up but hes not getting nothen for the pain and is very very sick can u please help

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com. It will be my pleasure to assist you.

Even though his old attorney isn't returning your telephone calls, you can contact another attorney who specializes in criminal law. Sometimes, an initial appointment in person or on the phone is free or at a minimal cost. You can discuss the specific facts of your children's father's case and decide how best to proceed.

It is entirely possible that a Motion for Time Cut can be filed with the judge who sentenced him. Given the extreme circumstances of his situation, it is possible that the judge may order his early release.

Hold on.....there's more.

Because his funds are limited, he (or you for him) may want to contact legal aid in Texas for free or low cost assistance in helping him file a motion. Below is a link to Texaslaw.org:

http://www.texaslawhelp.org/TX/StateAdvancedSearch.cfm/County/%20/City/%20/demoMode/%3D%201/Language/1/State/TX/TextOnly/N/ZipCode/%20/LoggedIn/0

Again, there is a possibility that the judge who sentenced him may grant a Motion for Time Cut given his extraordinary and unfortunate circumstances. It is worth pursuing.

I hope you find this information useful and that you PRESS THE GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get credit for answering the question. Thank you.

I hope you find this information useful and that you PRESS THE GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get credit for answering the question.