Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

i never recieved any notice in the mail stateing i have court on 10/3/2011 but a lawyer se

i never recieved any notice in the mail stateing i have court on 10/3/2011 but a lawyer sent me an advertisement saying i have court on 10/3/2011 what should i do and also they have my first name misspelled
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

If you have received a summons or some notice to appear, you definitely need to do so. If you're not sure whether or not the notice is legitimate, I would recommend that you contact the court first thing in the morning and ask if you need to appear.

If you weren't properly notified to be there, you can still claim improper notice even if you appear.

The last thing you want to do is fail to appear and end up with more trouble tan you began with.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so my best thing is just to show up
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
It's too risky not to. You don't want a warrant to be oases against you for not showing.