JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

I am a physician in the State of WA. I am willing to recommend

I am a physician in the State of WA. I am willing to "recommend" the use of "medical marijuana" to a patient within the extent of the law. My understanding, after reading the law, is that I can only "recommend" to "one patient at a time". Does that mean that, if I have 10 patients that qualify, that I have to choose only one to help? This makes no sense. If I can only help one, how long do I have to wait until I can "recommend" to another patient? If I write an open ended (date) recommendation, then the patient can theoreticaly obtain marijuan under the law for life. Does that mean that I can never help another patient? I am not in this for the money, just the compassionate value. I am not "seeking" medical marijuana patients.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Your understanding of the law is not correct.

What the law means is that you have to meet with the patients one-on-one and make the recommendation in a one-on-one setting. You cannot hold a conference in a banquet center and tell one hundred people at the same time that you recommend MM.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.