Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Who are some of the best lawyers that could take on a coal

Customer Question

Who are some of the best lawyers that could take on a coal company for what we think has illegally mined our coal? We know that it will have to be one with a lot of resources and knowledgeable in coal mining laws.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Hi

What state would this be in?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kentucky
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Thank you for that information. I am precluded from providing specific attorneys, under the JA Terms of Service

However, this is the best resource for you to find and phone consult with local attorneys in your area. You will want one who specializes in "subsurface, mineral rights". There is a "Top Ten" list on the left column that you may be interested in beginning with.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where is the list of experts?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are thousands of lawyers, could you narrow the list down to the ones who deal with underground mining mineral rights. We believe an underground mine in Western Kentucky mined our coal and we did not receive the royalities. My brother, who started out as an underground miner, and now works in the office in Henderson KY, can read maps, and there is evidence this has taken place. We had a lawyer in Hopkinsville, KY who did some work on it, but didn't have the resources to continue. We have maps of the same properties with different mining showed.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Perhaps, you would be better served then by using the KY Bar Association for a referral service. Again, JA Terms of Service prohibit giving specific names.

Here is the KY Bar Association contact information.