CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

My friend is being consistently stalked at work by a man over

My friend is being consistently stalked at work by a man over 30 years of age in the state of Illinois, he comes in looking for her 1-2 times daily, is this illegal and what action can be taken in this case?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

No, this behavior is not legal and she does not have to take it. She can and should file a temporary restraining order. This is free to do and she would need to go to the clerk of courts in the county where this is happening and file one against this man. Moreover, the corporation should be made away of this so they could take action and contact the police, if needed.