Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

i received a pink summons for engaging in threatening behavior where

Customer Question

i received a pink summons for "engaging in threatening behavior"where a women said i hit her kid but i did not and so i pleaded not guilty and i was told i would have to return for a trial. what should i d now and do i need a lawyer?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 years ago.

I am not sure what the court said to you or you to them about counsel when you entered your plea of not guilty, but that would have been the time to ask the court to appoint you an attorney if you cannot afford one. If you can, then you will need to find one on your own. You will want to look for a local criminal defense attorney. If you do not know of an attorney in your area, you can contact the NYS Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service. Their website is: http://www.nysba.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Need_To_Hire_A_Lawyer_

I, like the other Experts on this site, am here to assist customers like you. However, we do so in anticipation of being paid for our efforts, just like other professionals do, since this is our livelihood and not a hobby. To that end, I am more than happy to clarify my answer to you and answer any related follow up questions that you might have for the value that you have offered for the question. In return, I ask that you show good faith in compliance with the TOS by accepting my answer, whether the news is good or bad, so that I will be paid for my efforts. Please let me know if you experience technical difficulties when attempting to ACCEPT my answer by clicking on the green button. That way I can notify customer service.