Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

If you shoot someone in the leg because they repeately threaten

Customer Question

If you shoot someone in the leg because they repeately threaten to kill you go to there car heads back to you and you shoot them in the leg. and someone else return fire and kill them. what do you do and the person is running from the police and you turn yourself in to the police and get charged with murder the person who actely kill the victim is running
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Hi

So you are saying the police have charged the wrong person with the murder? The person who did the killing has not been charged? Or there is a warrant for that person, too?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes a warrant is out there for the person who commented the murder
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes wrong person being charged and is custody now
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Hi

Well, you must remember that the State must prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. So, it is unfortunate that this other person is being held. Perhaps, they can assist the police by cooperating and giving any information that may be helpful in securing this other person.

It would be beneficial to have a local attorney or the public defender speak to the District Attorney and let them know the person they are holding is willing to tell all they know to get the correct person who did the actual killing

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck