JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.

My son walked into a club downtown Lincoln Ne last night, with

My son walked into a club downtown Lincoln Ne last night, with his girlfriend. They payed their cover charge and headed to the dance floor. As he walked past the bouncer, the bouncer truned around and punched my son in the face claiming my son 'swung at him". Bruised my sons face, gave him a black eye, broke his Fossil watch and his hat went flying, which he did not get back. My son was immmediatly upset of course, asked to see the owner and was told he was to busy. No one who witness this incedent could believe what happened, including the door man who apoligized to my son and gave them their cover charge back. My son then simply went home. What course of action should we pursue at this point.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of your son's circumstances.

He should:

1. Call the police and file a police report. I assume that there is surveillance video in the place and the incident was caught on video.

2. Seek medical treatment if necessary. Take photographs of any injury.

3. If he was injured, contact a local personal injury attorney to explore his options to sue the person who injured him.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.