ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Is it legal to view nonnude preteen websites

Customer Question

Is it legal to view nonnude preteen websites?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 5 years ago.

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

It depends on the nature of the site and imagery used. Here are the federal laws regarding child pornography:http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=1476. Pictures of non-nude children is not classified as child pornography, generally speaking, unless they're being depicted as engaging in sexual activities, etc... If the images are innocent, etc... then the viewing of the website, would not be criminal.

ScottyMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. If you have already clicked "accept", or if you will in the future, please let me know so I can track these for my own reports and customer satisfaction stats. Thank you, and again, good luck to you!