LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience
15277592

What is statute of limitations on an unauthorized tape recording

What is statute of limitations on an unauthorized tape recording in Illinois?
Good evening,

Are you reporting them to the police for criminal prosecution, or suing them civilly?

Doug
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Criminal prosecution.
Good evening,

The statute of limitations for misdemeanor violation of the tape recording laws is 18 months from the date of the last recording made.

I wish you the best in 2011.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,

Doug
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have heard that violation of the tape recording laws in Illinois is a felony?
While it does not always occur, when the prosecutor chooses to charge as a felony, the statute of limitations is 3 years in Illinois.

I wish you well.

Please, remember that I only receive credit for helping you when you Accept my answer. Until then your payment is simply held by JustAnswer.com and not shared with me. So, please click the ACCEPT icon if my Answer has been informative, and helpful to your understanding of the law. Thanks again.

Doug