CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

the mall had the accused in custody ang found stolen items

the mall had the accused in custody ang found stolen items in her possession form 6 different stores .the accused admitted to havingstollen the items to manager. the accused asked to pay for the items that were stollen after she was under arrest! total item 2 store over 200.00 anh 4 stores under 200.00. This is the first time! she never in jail or have accuesed before. bonds: amount paid : 1500.
If she hire a good lawyer , so had she to jail ???? can she got probation??? fine ??
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

As a first time offender, it is not likely that she would go to jail. If anything, she would be looking at a probationary sentence of 12-24 months, fines, court costs and restitution, if any. She could also ask the court if they have a diversion program for her to enter into, to try and get the case dismissed so it does not appear on her record. She would have to inquire about it at her next court appearance.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when she gone to the mall , she bring 1200$ in cash, do you think she should show this proof ??? is it good for her!
It would not be relevant. If she had the money, she would have used it to pay for the items. As such, she would not have been arrested and charged with shoplifting. Thank you. Please click the accept button, so I can get credit for my answer.