Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

Hello. I was watching pornography on the internet. I opened

Customer Question

Hello. I was watching pornography on the internet. I opened a window that appeared that the couple involved were not 18 and over. I closed the window quickly I only watch adult porn. I don't know how that happened. Could I get arrested?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 years ago.

If you didn't download it or share it, and you exited this right away, it's probable that nothing will happen to you EXCEPT, if for any reason traces of that site are found on your hard drive, for example, if you took your computer to be serviced, it could be reported and you could get in trouble at that time. Michigan IT techs have a legal duty to report child pornography to the authority.