CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

I have a friend that has three outstanding felony warrants

I have a friend that has three outstanding felony warrants in the state of california.they consist of burgalary ,identity theif and perjury.These charges where from opening a bank account under someone elses name and purchasing an califonia id card.Would there be time when warrents will go away its been like 13 years since she found all about this but was never arrested.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 5 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer. I will be the expert that will be helping you today. I look forward to helping you solve your problem.

The warrants will remain active until they are either lifted by a Judge or he is served with them, through being arrested or turning himself in. If warrants went away, nobody would ever show up to court and just let time pass. There is no statute of limitations on these warrants. She would need to either retain an attorney and get them lifted or turn herself in and post a bond, if there is one.