Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

can police send you a naked photo on your cellphone

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
Can you provide a few facts to put this into context?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
someone online sent me a naked photo, and asked me to send one back and i did im 47 yrs old , and the person i sent it to was on a website that only alows 18 and over?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
Are you worried that you might have been "set up" by the police?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes iam
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
That would almost certainly be entrapment unless the picture you were sent was of a child.

It is very unlikely that the police would send you a nude photo first.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
relating to your answer, what if the police did send me a photo of a minor. is that leagle to do in new york state?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
No, it's not. However, you having a photo like that is against the law. If you were sent a picture of a minor immediately go and hire a criminal defense lawyer to help you report it to the police. The lawyer can report it and get a guarantee of immunity.