Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

On the Pardon Application it asked for my crime information

On the Pardon Application it asked for my crime information that I have no clue what it was or how to get it! There is just one
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 5 years ago.
Hello Jacustomer,

You will have to order your criminal record. Every defendant is entitled to see his own RAP sheet. It will have all of the particulars you need for a pardon application.

The best way to see what the government will see if they run a full background check on you is to get your criminal history through the FBI. That covers all 50 states and any federal matters also, and it only costs $18. You can start the ball rolling online here on their website.

Basically, you request their fingerprint kit and they then send you a fingerprint card. Then you go and get yourself printed. Your local police department can do this for you. Once you have the prints, you mail the card back to the FBI with an $18 money order. They will send you your criminal history.