Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

Is it legal to sell packets of natural ingredients (no illegal

Is it legal to sell packets of natural ingredients (no illegal ingredients), that when smoked, a person can feel high for several hours? It package is labeled incense and smells like oregano but has no oregano in it. I heard that as long as you sell it as exactly what's on the label (and not as an illegal substance), it may be legal to do so.

Also if it is legal to sell these packets, is it legal to distribute as well?
As long as it is not containing the compounds known as K-2 or Spice and they are all natural, then it is not illegal to sell or distribute.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”