Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor

if i am a new york state law enforcement officer.retired.I

if i am a new york state law enforcement officer.retired.I have full carry personal carry gun permit and nys armed guard license(not armored car).if i wish to travel to arizonia is it possibile to is it possibile or legal to carry my weapon on a plane via nyc airport to arizonia.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  replied 5 years ago.
Hello. My name isXXXXX am a licensed attorney and I will be glad to help you.

I am also a former NYPD officer and I am very familiar with the issue that you are raising.

While you should be able to secure and declare your weapon in your luggage (there are several requirements, such as it has to be in an FAA approved gun case and unloaded, with ammunition packed separately), you would not be allowed to carry a weapon on the plane.

The only law enforcement officers who are allowed to carry their firearms on the plane, are some federal officers and also active state and local law enforcement officers who are acting pursuant to their official duty (such as bringing an extradited prisoner, going out of state to conduct an investigation, etc...).

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated!