P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

I just recently was arrested and terminated from my job for

I just recently was arrested and terminated from my job for stealing $20 i am charged with fiduciary theft, i have no prior record my question is what can i expect when i go to court in a month is it possible i will have a felony on my record for this?
Thanks for the chance to assist on this matter. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience in criminal law.

$20, even in a fiduciary capacity, is not likely going to remain a felony. Has the state actually charged you with a felony?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No i was just recently arrested 2 days ago, court isn't until oct. 17th, i just don't want to have to carry the burden of a felony.
I bet they charge this as a misdemeanor. What you describe is not a felony...even if they charge as a felony, you can work with your lawyer to negotiate a plea to reduce it to a misdemeanor...with no prior record, that is a given.

Hire a lawyer (you need one regardless)...they can help negotiate a plea agreement to reduce your liability here. With no priors, and only $20 stolen? I would not expect you to get anything more than perhaps a year of probation.