P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

twice now the sherriff department has been to my home as someone

twice now the sherriff department has been to my home as someone has reported things at my home: dogs ,cats, ducks,geese not taken care of no water, food ect. last time they sent in pictures. Deputys come out but find no problems. I have asked who it is that has problem they tell me it is sent with no names ect. they ask me do I have any idea if some one has a problem .I have gotten phone calls before- last year telling me I shoulnd not be living there with no man around. last time I was told as they took pictures and I live down over a 1/2 mile long driveway and it is posted private drive right to pass by permission of owner. who ever took the pictures were tresspassing. I have now set up a camera to see if can get any idea as to who it is. Question is if I do find out who it is what can I do? Is this a form of harasment?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist on this matter. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience in criminal law.

Yes...this is a form of harassment. IF you have a neighbor who is filing false police reports with the local police that is a crime. So yes...if you find out who this is you can ask the local police to prosecute the case and you can also sue them yourself, in small claims court, for harassment.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
they have also claimed as my mother lives there and elderly that her welfare is not being met this to was checked out by sheriff and socal sevices nothing found or at least noting has been said or done. any thing else to do or is this also just harassment?
It is harassment and false police reporting.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can I receive any thing as this is upsetting and my mother does have a heart condition.

Aslo should i get a order that those people stay away from our property.If I do find out who it is.

Sure...if you can prove this harassment has caused harm to your mom, you can add that to your suit for harassment.

And yes, if you can find out who it is you can ask for an order of protection.

P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience: 16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.