LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience
15277592

If I just leave well enough alone and never return to Illinois

If I just leave well enough alone and never return to Illinois with the Non-Extraditable warrant will things be Ok? I have no reason to ever return there anyway!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

If you are the subject of a warrant for a crime that the state does not seek extradition for, and you avoid going back to that state, then you will generally be okay.

However, you will eventually run into problems if you leave the country and then try to re-enter, as Homeland security will ultimately have the warrant information fed into their database, and they may hold you for a period of time while they contact the state to determine whether the state wants to then try for extradition.

Aside from that, you likely will not suffer ill effects of the warrant outside the state of issuance.

I wish you the best in 2011.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,

Doug