JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

my daughter and grandaughter were killed in an accident the

my daughter and grandaughter were killed in an accident the man was charged with 2 man slaughters he has been in jail waiting jury trail dec 12 /11 just got his bond reduced and got out.

Now I see he has a criminal setting hearing.What is this ? my con concern is are they trying to threw this out of court? He was driving my daughters car with them in it eveidence trial and renactment shows he was driving. How concerne should I be about this criminal setting.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of your circumstances. Have you been in contact with the prosecutor's office about the case, its scheduling, and these motions?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes , butit takes for ever we had had court hearing and cout hearings. We have had evedince hearing and he has been in jail for 7 months but just got his bond reduced.

my question is are they trying to get this throwed out of court /

No, they are not trying to get it thrown out. He can't erase the accident and make it that it did not happen. Sooner or later, the case will go to trial and it will be up to a jury to decide whether or not he's guilty.

These types of delays -- even though they are very frustrating and very hard on you -- are VERY COMMON and you should not read anything into it. It is not a bad sign for you. It really isn't.

He will get his day of reckoning.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you but What are they having this criminal setting for? what will they be doing at this hearing he has already been charged what does it consist of?

The court files are a public record. You are free go to the courthouse and review the actual criminal file.

You can read the actual motion(s) that have been filed to see what their exact arguments are. Generally, they file written motions, responses, have a hearing in court and then the judge makes a decision.

The only way you are going to know what the exact issues are in this case is by speaking with the prosecutor or by going to the courthouse and reviewing the actual court file. Again, it is a public record.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.