Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney

I met and got my girl pregnant 4 months ago we are very passionate

I met and got my girl pregnant 4 months ago we are very passionate and I have feelings for her but when we fight it gets ugly the police have been to my house 3 times & luckily I havent been arrested but if I do my career is over she is back what should i do
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

Thank you for entrusting me with your question. From a legal perspective, don't let things get ugly. If you are any point charged and convicted of domestic violence, it will severely impact your custody and child support rights when the child is born. It can literally set your entire life off track. Do not let it happen.

From a non-legal perspective, you will want to consider terminating your romantic involvement with her. It is hard enough to be a parent with someone with whom you have a functional relationship; if you don't mix well together romantically, you need to seriously consider just agreeing to be friends so you can raise this child in a cooperative setting. I don't know how long your romantic relationship with her will last, but you have to raise this child together for the next 18+ years no matter what happens with her.

I understand that you may have follow-up questions. Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thank you.