Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law

has any one read the Scarlet Letter and what did the A

has any one read "the Scarlet Letter"? and what did the "A" symbolize?

Yes, and the A symbolized Adulterer since she was married when she had the alleged affair.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need a brief a synopsis of the story, before I can accept the answer please.
I'm sorry but don't do peoples' homework for them. I answered your question as you asked it. If you wanted a cliff notes of the Scarlett Letter you should state you do. You can look up the P Sparknotes on this at:
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not asking you to do my homework, but thank you anyway. I was trying to work this into a criminal justice situation. So, I was asking for assistances not for you to do my work for me!
No problem, but my main point was that you need to be clear what you want when you ask a question since that is what we base our decision on whether or not to accept a particular question and the fee offered with it. I did answer the question that you asked and I apologize if my assumption was incorrect, but that doesn't change the fact that your question was answered and there was no condition on it when you asked it.

In any event, I gave you a reference to the Sparknotes which does explain the underlying story, so I also provided that information for you as requested.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Better yet can you tell me if this sound right, since it's been ions since I've read the book? The book was called the Scarlet Letter and as I recall a woman was accused of having an affair with a married man, which if memory serves me correctly was not an affair, but a rape on his part against her. When it was found she was pregnant (and unmarried) and made public, he decided to put the blame on her as she had seduced him. I may have the details wrong because it has been ions since I read it, but botXXXXX XXXXXne is she was branded for carrying on an illicit affair. The "A" stood for adulteress.
No, as I mentioned, Hester was the one who was married (her husband was still in England) and she had an affair, and was in love, with a man who she would not identify. She did have a baby and that is how it all came to a head. The town fathers decide to publicly humiliate her and hold her out as an example by ordering that she wear the A, as I also mentioned, that signified Adulterer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for clearing that up for me, but I don't ever want anyone to doing my work for me to start out. I may want or need assistance from time to time is all! I do appreciate or help!
You're welcome and best of luck to you.