Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

If my daughter has a felony when she was 12 completed probation

If my daughter has a felony when she was 12 completed probation had her records sealed but the Texas State Board of Nursing is telling her that she must disclose this information to future employers. If this is true she will never be able to get a nursing job! an all the time, money and education will be a wasted!! How can this be?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Can you please tell me if she was 12 or 21? I am not sure if this was a typo.

Also, was this a conviction or a deferred adjudication?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am waiting on my answer. do you need more information?
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.
Yes, please. I need to know:

1) Was she was 12 or 21? I am not sure if this was a typo, but this makes a big difference.
2) Was this a conviction or a deferred adjudication?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She was 12 when she got into trouble and she is now 21 years old. She was given probation which she completed. I paid to have her records sealed.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for that clarification. The Texas State Board of Nursing is wrong here. Juvenile records ordered sealed by the court are removed from the criminal history database. It is as though they never existed. How does the Board know about this in the first place - the only way they would know if is they were told about it?

In any case, they are wrong. It is as though the conviction never existed. She does not have to tell any future employers about it.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.