TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

How do I find out if I have a warrant out for my arrest

Customer Question

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Please note that for legal reasons my answers are only intended to be general/educational information rather than specific legal advice. If you need specific legal advice, then you must consult with a local attorney in your jurisdiction.

You can check a website like THIS WEBSITE which lists public records and arrest warrants. Granted, police departments do not have to release that information, but many do. Of course, you can also simply contact the police department and ask (though that could lead to your arrest if there is one ... but that may not bother some people who would want to resolve the issue).

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then feel free to let me know, as I will be happy to clarify my answer or help with your follow-up questions. In the meantime, please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time (doing so does not end our discussion). Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Does it have to be the police department where the complaint was logged or can it be anywhere?

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
It should be any police department in the state. Other states may not have the info, but within the same state it'll be there.