LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

my 15 yr old son got caught driving my car. i asked him to

my 15 yr old son got caught driving my car. i asked him to get the car from the parking lot, from the senior apt bldg. where my mother lives, someone saw him & called the cops. they gave him a summons. He is on probation for the 2nd time. Does a trafffic violation violates his probation?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 5 years ago.
Thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney with juvenile criminal law experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification after reviewing the following information.
  2. "Does a trafffic violation violates his probation?" Unfortunately, any offense constitutes a violation of the terms of probation, which are notoriously strict. However, that does not necessarily mean that your son will actually be "violated" in the sense of having to serve time. The botXXXXX XXXXXne is he needs to be truthful and upfront with his probation officer. If not already done, he should contact the office tomorrow, come clean, explain the circumstances, and seek leniency. Truthfully, it rests within the discretion of his probation officer as to what, if any, adverse consequences will be forthcoming.
  3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does it matter if he was driving in parking lot? He was not out on the street.

Hello again,

Thanks for writing back -- good to hear from you.

I will be glad to comment further -- please see below.

I do ask that you kindly press "Accept" on the honor system to process my answer.

1. "Does it matter if he was driving in parking lot?" No, unfortunately this does not matter and is not relevant to his probation officer, who will only be concerned with the fact that your son was cited. In other words, the underlying facts are not particularly pertinent. No matter the case, it rests with the probation officer. The very worst thing would be to not disclose it and wait for the probation officer to catch wind of the offense.

I hope all goes smoothly for your son with this matter.

Take care and thanks again for choosing JustAnswer®!

[Please click "Accept" -- this is the only way I get paid for my work and services provided.]