LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

What are the sentencing guidelines for Felony Credit Card Fraud

Customer Question

What are the sentencing guidelines for Felony Credit Card Fraud and Felony Identity Fraud in Virginia?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 5 years ago.
Thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney with criminal law experience (state and federal). I will be glad to try and answer your questions I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification after reviewing the following information.
  2. "What are the sentencing guidelines for Felony Credit Card Fraud and Felony Identity Fraud in Virginia?" There is actually no federal offense of felony credit card theft per se, but federal law certainly does recognize fraud and deceit offenses. Here are the federal sentencing guidelines for each of the two offenses you listed (just click each link) from the 2010 Federal Sentencing Guidelines Manual: §2B1.1 and §2B1.6
  3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.