Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor

hello, can i get my gun rights restored in 1990 i wad chared

hello, can i get my gun rights restored ? in 1990 i wad chared with a hit/run in my car , in washington state ,have lived in az now for 5 yrs,i would like to have a shotgun again

Alex Esquire :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Generally a person convicted of felony, would have to petition for the restoration of his firearms right in the state where he/she has been convicted.

This is a long and difficult legal process and unfortunately petitions for restoration of the firearms rights are rarely approved.

Another way that Washington State might allow a convicted felon to be able to legally own firearms again is by allowing non-violent felons to obtain a certificate of rehabilitation according to the Washington Law:

You can find and review the information and the application for the certificate of rehabilitation at this link:

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated!

Alex Esquire :

You are welcome and good luck!