Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law

I am charge with domestic violence F4. I have gone through

I am charge with domestic violence F4. I have gone through 5 pretrials while going over discovery with my attorney. In the end my attorney stated we could not win this in trial and to take a plea. An attempted was ammeneded to my charge dropiing it to an F5. I am scheduled for sentencing on august 30th, and scheduled to meet with probation august 10th for a PSI. I wanted to know if I can withdraw my plea of guilty to the attempt, retain new counsel and take my case to trial. I live in the state of ohio and this is in cuyahoga county.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 years ago.

Yes, you can withdraw your plea any time before sentencing is announced. So, since sentencing has not occurred, your new attorney could motion to the court for your withdrawal of your plea.