Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My friend Rebecca Shaw texas tdcj #1179001 recently had her

My friend Rebecca Shaw texas tdcj #1179001 recently had her fifth parole review. thhs resulted in another one year setoff. Before this she had a manditory release date of 5/08/11. After the Denton County Parole Office had approved our house as her parole destination, and she had received her exit labs she was denied at this time. She has completed all of the required training for release on parole. She has also received certificates in computer maintenence and several levels for transcribing Braille. She is working at Braille transcribing now at Mountain View Unit. She is not in on an agrivated case, and has no major disciplinary cases. The Parole Board added three questionable reasons to her last answer in order to bypass manditory release and her projected release date now reflects her full sentence. Is there any likelyhood that she will ever be paroled.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

I am sorry for your friend's situation. Unfortunately,there is no way to know if she will be approved later on. Parole is a privilege, and not a right. It depends purely on the board that reviews her matter, and that is it. While it is a possibility, it is not a guarantee.

One thing I can say is that while inmates receive attorneys at the parole hearing, it is better to have a private attorney, if possible, who would be more prepared and zealous to put forward her case.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work; I receive no credit for my time with you until you actually press ACCEPT, even if you already have a subscription. If you still need to clarify something or seek more information, just use the REPLY button and I’d be more than happy to follow up to your satisfaction! There is no fee for follow up questions before or after accepting, should you wish to continue in the thread, and I encourage you to do so should you desire clarification.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus is always appreciated!

While the legal system tries to be inclusive of every possibility, sometimes, people are morally wronged but have limited legal avenues to seek relief. If so, please understand that this is not the expert’s fault (in other words, I prefer to tell you the truth rather than tell you what you want to hear, so if the news is not good, please do not shoot the messenger).

You can always request me for a future advice through my profile at…

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-attorneyeli/

…if you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”