JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

i was a victum of sexual abuse. The defendant in this case

i was a victum of sexual abuse. The defendant in this case went to three courts to get his confession that he sexually abuse me and got it overturned at the court of appeals in maryland by saying the det. who interrogated trick him into a confession. In his confession he admits to doing sexual and perverts acts to me. But he won on imporoper inducement. The defended states that he only confess because the officer told him that my mom and i wanted only an appology and that he would not get in trouble. However, the courts of appeal ignore the fact that he stated he touch me and why he touch me wasn't enough proof coming from the defendant mouth. They will not allow his confession because of the way it was obtain to be mention in the re-trail schedule in Aug. 2011. The States Attorney is only thinking about the state having to pay for the retail and has basically told us that there case is weak not and really do not want to go forward. But I am afraid still of the person who done nasty things to me. What am I suppose to do when this MInister who done this to me has returned back to where some of my abuse took place. My place of worship and the state attorney is telling me I should just leave and go to another church. This Church is my Legacy. My grandparent help establish many churches throughout this organization. How can they tell me to leave. I asked them to get him back on the registry. Because of this higher court overturning this case The predator was able to get his name remove. Is there anybody out there who can help me. REally Help [email protected]
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.

JB Umphrey :

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

JB Umphrey :

I am sorry to learn of your circumstances.

JB Umphrey :

At this point, your only focus should be on the upcoming re-trial that scheduled in a couple of weeks.

JB Umphrey :

There is nothing that you can do, at this point, to get his name back on the registry.

JB Umphrey :

Whether you stay at your church or not, is a personal decision which only you can make.

JB Umphrey :

Is there anything else that I can assist with?

JB Umphrey :

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.