AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
18048122

minnesota if the vehicle can not go into gear to drive or operate can i still be convicted

Customer Question

minnesota if the vehicle can not go into gear to drive or operate can i still be convicted of dwi even the tow company reported that the vehicail whould not go into gear
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 5 years ago.
Hello! I'm sorry to hear about the DWI charge!

The fact that a vehicle is not capable of being operated can provide a defense to a DWI charge.
This would not automatically defeat a charge and it would, instead, provide a defense to be raised.
In such a scenario, the testimony of a mechanic and/or a party from the tow company may be necessary.
DWI is very technical and often very scientific. Accordingly, it's absolutely essential to retain an attorney to defend against a DWI charge.
It's definitely not something a defendant should handle himself/herself.

I know that this probably isn't entirely what you wanted to hear. However, it's the honest truth and I know you want a truthful answer above all. I hope that you will click accept so that I am paid for my time and effort spent providing this information.