LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience

I have a complicated situation. I have been having an affair

I have a complicated situation. I have been having an affair with a man who is married. His wife has impersonated him on a couple of occasions when I have had email conversations. Today she was able to answer a very personal question about my daughter and I thought it was him and I gave her my email password. But it was from his phone/email. Now she has gathered information from my email account. Are there any legal grounds there against her?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 years ago.
Good evening,

Actually, yes, there is a legal remedy. You can sue her for invasion of privacy. Additionally, she violated a couple of criminal laws by impersonating another person. You can also report her to the police.

I guess the real question is, do you really want to go there? That is your choice and know that any legal action against her may bring you and your man into disrepute in the community. Probably it is time to change your phone number, and all of your passwords.

I wish you the best in 2011.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,