JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

If the trajectory of a bullet can prove a victem is actually

If the trajectory of a bullet can prove a "victem" is actually the attacker but it was not brought up in trial is that grounds for a reversal?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.

JB Umphrey :

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

JB Umphrey :

It is not necessarily grounds for reversal. Such an argument, whether it is brought up or not, is a matter of internal trial strategy of the parties and courts do not step in and second-guess such strategy decisions.

JB Umphrey :

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.

Customer:

Would you say that the lawyer for the accused should have brought this up in court to help show that the accused was defending his life & was even stabbed during the process?

JB Umphrey :

It is not for me to second-guess the lawyer. I do not know all of the information and do not have the benefit of reviewing the evidence, the reports, and the transcripts.

JB Umphrey :

If I were to review all those materials and drew the conclusion that you are suggesting, then that may be a basis for the defendant to file an appeal on the basis of ineffective assistance of counsel.