Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience practicing attorney
3396227

In the state of Tennessee,my ex-lover took out an Order of

In the state of Tennessee,my ex-lover took out an Order of Protection against me. I clearly understand that in no way, shape, or means or third party ever suppose to contact her while the Order of Protection remains in force. By the same law, does this Order of Protection also prohibit/bar/ban my ex-lover from contacting meas I am banned from contacting her.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 5 years ago.
Dear JACUSTOMER - If the order doesn't prohibit her from contacting you then she is not bound by the order. Regardless of what the judge might have said there is nothing for you to enforce with the police if it is not in the order. I would suggest that you file a motion with the court to amend the protection order to have it apply to her as well as to you. Most judges will agree that it is best to have these orders apply to both parties since it is obvious that it doesn't work well when it only applies to one party.