Joseph
Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor
18539850

Can an criminal attorney help get my boyfriend off of parole

Can an criminal attorney help get my boyfriend off of parole? His parole officer said if he paid some fines, they would let him go but I want to be sure. The fines have been paid.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

It is possible to receive an early termination. While it is not automatic, if the defendant completes all terms and conditions, pays all fines and has no violations, they can petition the court for an early termination. If everything has been completed and the PO is in agreement, the judge may very well grant the early termination.

So yes, your boyfriend should certainly consider getting everything completed so that he may be eligible for an early termination.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!

Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.