JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

Back in 1996 and 97 I was arrested on lewd conduct charges

Customer Question

Back in 1996 and 97 I was arrested on lewd conduct charges with the LAPD. Considered a misdermenor, how can I get these record expunged or do I even need to. Help I am looking for employment and am worried that these charges come up in a background check of my past.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 5 years ago.

JB Umphrey :

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

JB Umphrey :

The process for cleaning up one's criminal record in California is explained by the CA courts at this link: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/other/crimlawclean.htm

JB Umphrey :

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.

JACUSTOMER-wo7dd97m- :

I have to file a pc1203.4 petition for expungement, but this was almost 20 years ago is it still something a possible employer can find?

JACUSTOMER-wo7dd97m- :

and do I have to fly to CA to take care of it?

JACUSTOMER-wo7dd97m- :

Where is the expert come on I paid ...

JACUSTOMER-wo7dd97m- :

I am not hitting accept I am not satisfied and I would kindly like my money back

JB Umphrey :

Sorry for the delay.

JB Umphrey :

If you were fingerprinted at the time, yes, an employer can learn of the conviction during a background check.

JB Umphrey :

If you are not sure if this is on your criminal record, one option you may want to first consider is to check your criminal record. The process for doing this for out-of-state residents is explained here: http://www.ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/security.php

JB Umphrey :