Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

need answers

Customer Question

need to know how long does it take for the wife who's husband was murderd to receive autopsy report. with investigation still ongoing case still open and it's been a year since the incident happened?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 5 years ago.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

As an ongoing investigation, it is up to the investigating agency to release the details of an autopsy. That is really "priviledged information" if the investigation is ongoing, as there could be things in the report that only the person who did the murder would know. So the full report will not be released until the Police are ready and feel it is appropriate. The Police are directed by the District Attorney in this regard. While the spouse may be informed of the "cause of death" such as not accidental or foul play, etc, the details will only be released when the DA says it is ok. I suggest she can contact the DA in this regard and see what information they are willing to release to her.

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a subscription with JA please remember to ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and Good luck