Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.

Hi I will soon be going to court for a DUI in NY where I currently

Hi I will soon be going to court for a DUI in NY where I currently live. My lawyer anticipates probation as a result. Should this happen, what process do I need to go through as I am planning on relocating to Charlotte, NC in the near future?
Thank you for your help.
Is this your first DUI? If it's not your first one, is this one filed as a misdemeanor or as a felony?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If you are given supervised probation in New York, which I assume you will be, your probation officer will have to submit an application to the probation office in North Carolina. Once North Carolina receives the application it can take up to 45 days for them to approve it.

There is an interstate compact among the states that governs this process. The Interstate Commission's website has a flow chart of the process and answers to many common questions: