Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

My stepson will be paroled at the endo of October. His case

My stepson will be paroled at the endo of October. His case originated in riverside but he does not reside in Riverside he resides in Los Angeles with myself and his mother. How do we arrange for him to be parole to Los Angeles county rather than Riverside County
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You will have to speak to the parole board and provide proof he has no residence or relatives in Riverside and ask permission of the parole board for him to be paroled to LA. You start NOW with a request to the parole board for this.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Which parole board ?/ The state in Sacremento or the parole board in Riverside.
The parole board in Sacramento, which is the board that granted him parole.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can't I get the same results by working with his assigned parole ofc in Riverside coun ty
If you can ever get the parole officer to respond to you, which you said you could not do so. Thus, your son would be more likely to get the response from the PAROLE BOARD itself, not the PAROLE DEPARTMENT which only has parole officers. The parole officers are overworked and generally not very responsive to these requests anyhow, so the Board is your best bet.