Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law

I had a charge in Michigan 8 years ago for which I was fingerprinted;

I had a charge in Michigan 8 years ago for which I was fingerprinted; the charge was subsequently expunged. Will the charge show up in the FBI Identification Record or any of the other databases the USCIS uses.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 5 years ago.

Yes, it is likely to show up on an complete FBI check. All charges and convictions show up on FBI background checks even if they have been ordered expunged. Expunged charges only effect public records but not FBI or national security records checks.

I, like the other Experts on this site, am here to assist customers like you. However, we do so in anticipation of being paid for our efforts, just like other professionals do, since this is our livelihood and not a hobby. To that end, I am more than happy to clarify my answer to you and answer any related follow up questions that you might have for the value that you have offered for the question. In return, I ask that you show good faith in compliance with the TOS by accepting my answer, whether the news is good or bad, so that I will be paid for my efforts. Please let me know if you experience technical difficulties when attempting to ACCEPT my answer by clicking on the green button. That way I can notify customer service.