Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

What is the best way to seek a probation transfer. I have already

What is the best way to seek a probation transfer. I have already found a new job in differnt state but I do not have family and I have just 2 days to report at new job.

Please help
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

There is an agreement among the states regarding probation transfer. It is rather easy to do. What you need to do is tell your current PO where you are going, and where your job is.They will initiate the process and transfer your probation to where you are going. It is no more difficult than that.

I will be happy to follow up with you if you have additional questions. In the meantime, please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for answering your question. Of course, if you really liked what I could help you with, please consider a Bonus, too!

Nathan Moore

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
IS it important to have the family in the recieving state? My PO asked me this "Who will you be living with, what is their relationship to you and I will also need their phone number."

so was tensed!!!!

Please reply !
Expert:  Nate replied 5 years ago.
They just want to be sure you have a place to live. If you can provide a concrete address, you'll be alright.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
oh cool, thank you!
Expert:  Nate replied 5 years ago.

You're welcome. Please remember to click Accept. I'm here to answer your follow up questions if you have any.