How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 6106
Experience:  20 years experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

does it do any good to write the governor of a state to try

Resolved Question:

does it do any good to write the governor of a state to try to get a pardon for a person convicted of first degree murder who has already served 16 yrs and this was actually a self defense case but the jury in Nevada was enciuraged to see it differently as the deceased was the son of a small time drug dealer and the jury I feel was afraid to see it any other waY.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.



You never know until you try. If you have done some community service or supported good causes since your release you may have a chance. A pardon advisory board will likely give you a chance to speak on your behalf so you can present reasons why you request a pardon.


They can then take a vote and pass their recommendations on to the governor.


If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at or


If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".



Customer: replied 5 years ago.
you answered as though my sonis already out of prison, he's not maybe I used the wrong word maybe it's parole instead of pardon, I need help getting him out
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Cases of wrongful conviction are normally dealt with by appeals rather than a pardon. Sometimes, however, a pardon may work.


The link above will give you the application that needs to be filed for a NV pardon.



Maverick and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you