Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

can you help me find a lawyer in MA that will prosecute a sergeant

can you help me find a lawyer in MA that will prosecute a sergeant who attacked me during a noise complaint arrest? i do not want to pay any money up front, only a percentage of the settlement or payout. i need someone in the metrowest/middlesex/boston area
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 years ago.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Customer:

any idea a lawyer in my area who would take my case pro-bono / only charge me once i get a settlement or payout?

Samuel-II :

The bes we can do is suggest you contct the Massachusettes Bar Association for a referral service. Here

Samuel-II :

Also, of course you need to file a grievance report against this sergeant with the police agency

Customer:

okay great thank you

Samuel-II :

You need a lawyer who will handle it on a contingency basis

Samuel-II :

Do not say pro bono

Customer:

is there a window when a grievance report needs to be filed?

Samuel-II :

Consult with the attorenys and if it is a good case they will assist you. When did this happen?

Customer:

about 16 months ago

Samuel-II :

I see. Yeah you probably should have reported it immediately. Is there a reason you did not

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, please accept my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck

Customer:

I did not because my lawyer (appointed by the court) advised me not to

Customer:

she said that they would get the best lawyers out there to make sure the charges stuck

Samuel-II :

I see. Well, that is possible. So why now?

Customer:

i guess it would be a way to put it behind me

Customer:

they put me through so much for very little reason, i guess itd be payback

Samuel-II :

I see. So you want to sue and you never reported the brutality. I don't see how that will be very favorable to you, unless you were so injured that you still are suffering say in a wheel chair or something.

Samuel-II :

But any way contact the Bar Association for a referral service and see if you can find a local attorney on a contingency

Customer:

i have a lot of pictures and witnesses, part of the reason i was not charged was because they wanted me to sign a waiver

Customer:

thanks for your help

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.