Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I was charged with a Class D felony for receiving stolen property

Customer Question

I was charged with a Class D felony for receiving stolen property in Indiana and it was reduced to a class a misdemeanor. Now 10yrs. later it still shows in background checks as a felony charge. I have all paper work stating that it was reduced. What can I do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 5 years ago.

Please click the ACCEPT button, even if you have placed a deposit or are on a subscription plan. So you were charged with a felony?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Initially I was charged with a felony receiving stolen property, then reduced in the plea bargain I took, but it still shows up as a felony in a background check.