Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

We think that we have substantial case law to support a 60b

Customer Question

We think that we have substantial case law to support a 60b 6 motion.How can we be certain that a Fed. rule 60b 6 will be heard ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You would need to focus on ineffective representation of counsel on the motion as well as your other grounds when you file the motion. There is no "certain" way to make sure the court has a hearing. They will of course review your motion for merits, but it depends on how well you express your facts of other good cause to the court and your supporting case law.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had hoped for a more specific answer.
Please take no offense, you had a one and a half sentence question devoid of pretty much any facts and as such I could not give much more of a specific answer.

I know not even close to enough about your case to be very specific, but if you have other actual specific questions I will try to help you further.