LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

Son was arrested for peeing in public, witnessed by one officer

Son was arrested for peeing in public, witnessed by one officer and ticketed by another. What tis the best way to resolve this citation?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 5 years ago.
Thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney with criminal law experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information.
  2. "What tis the best way to resolve this citation?" The best approach would be to directly approach the prosecutor -- ideally through legal counsel, but pro se (self-represented) also works. This is a relatively minor (misdemeanor) charge and is often reduced (i.e. to a simple trespass charge) if not dismissed altogether. The problem is that for some purposes it amounts to a sex offense (i.e. along the lines of indecent exposure), which could lead to some serious problems for your son in the future. So, the very best step would be to have a criminal defense attorney approach the prosecutor. Alternatively, your son (if he is an adult) or you (assuming your son is a minor) should do so without delay.
  3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum. I hope all works out.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.